The Secret Of Gratitude
GRATITUDE (noun): The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
So I was getting ready to celebrate my birthday last week and I found myself thinking about recent years as you do at these occasions. My thoughts brought me to all the amazing things and events that have come my way and the many wonderful people I have encountered.
Some of these episodes were huge successes and personal victories while others turned to be massive disasters. Similarly, not all the people I met a few years ago are still part of my life today. And that’s all right too.
I celebrated when I succeeded and became stronger when I failed. A few relationships ended to create a new space to form even better ones. I have learned to be grateful for both, good and bad, and always enjoy a thought of what lessons I was to learn from those experiences in a retrospect.
As I was saying thank you to my wonderful partner and daughter, my parents, friends and teachers, students, guides, mentors and even strangers, I suddenly paused as my heart started to smile...
How foolish of me, I completely forgot to say thank you to the most important person of all! Myself.
I realised that if it wasn’t for my intentions and dreams, my inner guidance and intuition, listening carefully to the whispers of my heart and acting upon it with the intellect and wisdom of Ganesha, I would not have anyone to be grateful to.
Below you will find a simple, yet powerful, 5 Minutes Daily Gratitude Meditation that will help open your heart and set the intensions for the day, week, month or even a year. Let me know how you are getting on and what are you grateful for in your life?
5 Minutes Daily Gratitude Meditation
- Sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes
- Scan your body from the top of your head to your toes and release the tension
- Bring your mind focus to your heart and allow your thoughts to wander
- Start regulating your breath, inhaling and exhaling through your nose
- Using your inner voice repeat to yourself “I am inhaling love” as you inhale and “I am exhaling gratitude” as you exhale
- Repeat daily in the morning for at least 5 minutes to start attracting miracles