How To Grow Your Local Business Into A Global Business
Whatever you do, whatever idea you have, you can’t afford NOT to be online these days if you want to grow a successful spirited business, especially if a financial and location freedom is your dream vision, goal and intention.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about personal connections and face-to-face relationships, and if you’re happy with your business as it is, by all means, stick to it. But there’s only so many yoga classes you can teach, bodies you can massage, souls you can heal and people you can serve in one day. In all honesty, the offline business comes with limitations.
But if you’re like me, I know you have big dreams, big plans, big ideas and want to create a change, in your own life as well as lives of people around you - from your loved ones to your clients. But to create big results, you have to take big action steps!
And when I say steps, I mean it, literally.
You wouldn’t believe how many of my clients want to launch their business and introduce all their plans, ideas, products and services to the world from day one. Unless you have a huge support team or some kind of a superpower, it’s not only humanly impossible to manage all aspects of the online business, but you’ll soon burn out - physically, mentally and emotionally.
So here are some practical ideas on how to create an online business and grow it from local to global. Because who wouldn’t want to reach over 3 billion internet users and turn at least a few of them into your clients?
- Simple one page website - this can act as you’re online business card featuring all your contact details and basic info if you’re just starting out. People will be able to find you and connect with you online before you build a proper website.
- Professional website - you definitely need one if you want to turn your passion into a successful business and share who you are and what you do with the rest of the world. Start simple by introducing only a small portfolio of your products and services, then use your website as a digital platform to add features, content and tools to scale up.
- Blogging, Vlogging, Podcasting - a great way to start sharing your knowledge and passion as well as build trust with your tribe through regular posts. Whatever format you decide to choose, it helps you establish yourself as an expert in your area and invite your tribe to join the conversation in the comments section.
- Newsletter - integrate a sign-up option to your newsletter list in your website when you’re ready to treat your most dedicated fans to your latest news, updates, special offers, exclusive content or freebies.
- Opt-in freebie - if you want to collect people’s emails and grow your mailing list more effectively, you have to offer your website’s visitors a valuable freebie they can access or download in exchange for their email address.
- Online forms - if you need to collect some data from your clients, fill in a questionnaire, book a session or retreat, sign an e-contract or run a survey you’ll need to create an online form.
- Online shop - this is a chapter on it’s own but you essentially want to give your client’s an option to pay for your products and/or services online in a few simple steps, whatever time, country or currency.
- Online services - once you have your booking forms and online payment in place, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t start reaching your clients further afield and offer your consultations, classes or coaching online via Skype or other platforms.
- Online products - think e-books, meditations, classes, design, photography or art that people can purchase and download directly on your or external website. You can even create some physical merchandise that you can sell through your e-shop if you desire.
- Online courses - take your passion, knowledge, experience, expertise and all you’ve learned working with your offline clients and transform it into an automated multi-media course or training series that creates a nice passive income while you sleep.
Take one step at a time and move at your own pace, just keep walking…
Now, I'd be interested to find out in the comments below, which out of these ten steps are you ready to implement to grow your spirited business to attract and connect with a wider audience but you're just not sure where to start or how to do it?