Veggie Yoga Soup
This is one of my favourite wintery soups that keeps you warm and comfy but equally delicious throughout the year or when beating a nasty cold. It is full of goodness, loads of veggies and spices, promoting your sattvic energy and keeping your diet well balanced.
Handful of frozen peas
Few leaves of kale
1 clove of garlic
2 celery stalks
1 tin of chickpea
½ tea spoon of cumin
½ tea spoon of curry powder
½ tea spoon of turmeric
2 tbsp vegetable oil
450ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and garlic and fry gently for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Stir in all spices and cook gently on medium heat for 1 minute.
3. Cut all vegetables into small pieces or cubes and add to the pot covering them with the spices.
4. Pour in the stock and simmer until the vegetables are soft for approximately 15-20 minutes, adding the frozen peas and kale in the soup for the last 10 minutes of the total cooking time.
5. In the meantime, toast sunflower and sesame seeds in the pan and chop the coriander leaves.
6. Pour 3/4 of your soup into a blender and process until smooth. Then return to the pan and reheat with the remaining chunky soup.
7. Taste and season before serving and decorate the soup with the roasted seeds and chopped fresh coriander in each individual bowl.
8. You can serve with oven baked chapati bread or pitta bread.